About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Monday, October 16, 2017

Blueberry Bread Pudding

Good morning,

A couple of days ago My Honey asked me to make bread pudding.  I reminded him we are both watching the calories and he made some sort of a snorty sound that definitely meant he didn't care.  ;)

So, it was off to the kitchen to make bread pudding.  Of course, we always have plenty of bread.  I didn't find the recipe I used often many years ago so I searched the Internet, found several interesting recipes to get the quantities of milk and eggs to bread, then went wild with the rest.

The image above is the result.

It was (yes, past tense, it's gone) SO good I will definitely make it again soon.  This batch was with blueberries, but I have plans to make it with apples and walnuts, bananas, chocolate....  Ah, yes, the possibilities are endless.
Here's how it looked going into the oven. 
While the bread pudding was in the oven, I made the vanilla sauce with light brown sugar, thus the light brown color.  It was wonderful, too!  *sigh*

OK, we can't afford to eat so many calories very often, but this sure was good!

:),
Lois

2 comments:

DUTA said...

The result of your efforts looks awsome!
You shouldn't feel guilty about calories. Once in a while, we "weight watchers" deserve to put aside the calorie count and enjoy a favorite food.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Look wonderful and now I know what to do with leftover homemade bread, Lois!