About this Blog: Bread making recipes, knit and crochet projects, wood working, gardening, digital imaging, travel, cruise ships, Labrador Retrievers, and more....

About the Header Image: Idlebrook Wendy Darling Evensen "Wendy" one of our four Labrador Retrievers.

Click the header image to see most current posts.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018

How It's Done - Stained Glass Flower Afghan Blanket

 Good morning,

I've just finished another afghan blanket for the shop.  This time, I took pictures while I was assembling it to document the process.

Above you see stacks of 20 different colors of "flowers" for this stained glass design.  There is a total of 80 squares.
 I arranged two sets of 40 colors to develop the arrangement before laying them out on a large table prior to putting the afghan together.
 We're getting closer to putting it together now.  The squares are ready to be "strung" together to keep them in order as I add the last round of color and connect them all together.
 Here they're strung on a piece of yarn so I'm ready to go. 
 I have done all the work or organizing colors and now can just take each one from the top as I crochet the blanket together.
 Putting them into a large bag with handles allows me to keep them together and move the whole stack easily.
 Here it is!  All the squares are together and a scalloped border has been added. It's now in the shop and available for sale.  The listing is here with more images.

On to the next project!

;),
Lois

1 comment:

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

This is a very colorful blanket, Lois, and sure someone will be very happy with it.